8.02.2011

MacBook 2, Laura 0



Technology has not been my friend today. I guess by technology, I mean my beloved MacBook. For whatever reason, my c.d. drive has not been working well since I got in country. It sounds like it's going to take off  flying around the room anytime I put in a dvd. Then it starts to play whatever it is that I want to watch, and then after about 10 minutes, completely shuts down. It's poopy. Oh, and my battery went out. The only time my stinking computer will work is when it's plugged in.  I guess I'll have to take it to Apple whenever I get to come home for leave and have them fix it and buy a new battery. 

I've also been doing something pretty neat for Daniel's birthday, but every time I try to order it, it takes forever to load. Thanks for crappy internet, Afghanistan. His birthday is in 4 days!

Anyway, I have compiled a list of things that I can ALWAYS use in Afghanistan. I've had numerous people ask what I would like/need and I can never think of them when they ask. So if you feel the tug on your heart to send me fun stuff, here's a list!

  • Toiletries 
    • Febreeze 
    • Shampoo & Conditioner
    • Body wash
    • Face cleanser
    • Sun screen
    • Baby wipes
    • Baby powder 
    • Brown hair ties, bobby pins, etc.
    • Hair gel
    • Hair spray
    • Toothpaste
    • Deodorant
    • Chapstick
    • Lotion
    • Q-Tips
  • Food
    • Hard Candy/ Gum
    • Beef Jerky/Slim Jims
    • Coffee
    • Powder Drink Mix
    • Wheat Thins
    • Granola Bars/ Breakfast bars
    • Fruit roll-ups/Fruit by the food/Fruit snacks
    • Microwave foods 
    • Rice Krispie Treats
    • Oatmeal
    • Small, individual boxed cereal
  • Other Misc.
    • Bridal magazines (I'm still trying to plan, lol)
    • Glue sticks, tape
    • White ankle or calf length socks
    • Air fresheners/dryer sheets
    • Puzzle books
    • Books
    • Black pens/Sharpie's
    • Twin sheets
    • Yoga Mat (to workout in my room)
    • Cards/Letters
I can't put my shipping address on my blog, so if there's something you'd like to send, email me at lauraloulyles@yahoo.com or send me a message on facebook and I would be more than happy to send you my address.

Through another day,
Miss you all, 
Laura




No comments:

Post a Comment